Racing as we know it may be on hold, but our desire to run fast and test ourselves hasn't gone away.
The SOAR X TOUR is our way of staying true to the pursuit of summer speed. With a three-staged virtual races series, open to runners worldwide.
SOAR X TOUR sees racers test themselves over 1km, 1 mile and 5km consecutively over a 10 day period, with both stage and overall rankings and prizes up for grabs.
ENTER THE SOAR X TOUR HERE
- 3 'stages' of 1km, 1 mile and 5km to be run separately across a 10 day period
- Racers to run their stages individually on a course of their choice using a personal GPS to measure and record
- For overall series rankings, stages must be completed in order: 1km, 1 mile and 5km
- Entry is free to runners worldwide
- Sign-in or create an Open Track account to enter
- Racers must label 'SOAR X Tour' in their runs' titles
- Cash prizes for the first 3 overall men and women: 1st: £200, 2nd: £100, 3rd: £50
- Cash prizes for the first man and woman on each stage: £100
- SOAR Prizes for the first 3 overall men and women in v40, v50 and v60 categories
- 5 x SOAR spot prizes per stage
- 'King of the Mountains' prize for the runner who gains the greatest elevation across the 3 stages
- Consistency award: SOAR prize for the runner with least variance in stage finishing position across the 3 stages
- All runs to be completed and submitted between Saturday 22nd August and Monday 31st August as guided here
- To qualify for overall prize classifications your performances must have been completed in the order: 1km, 1 mile, 5km
- No more than 2 metres/6.5 feet of net elevation decrease per km run allowed
- No more than 2 full laps to be run in completing the 1km and 1 mile (can begin, but not complete a third)
- No more than 3 full laps to be run completing the 5km (can begin, but not complete a fourth)
- Track running is not permitted
- SOAR Running reserves the right to DQ any athletes suspected of GPS-Doping and/or submitting performances not in keeping with the spirit of the competition
Road to the SOAR X TOUR with The Run Yard
We've teamed up again with The Run Yard and head coach Matt Yates to create a six-week virtual training group and schedule.
Released weekly every Wednesday the schedule is designed to get you to the SOAR X TOUR ready to run fast and revaluate your longterm racing potential.
Weekly schedules and full training info can be followed here.